slumpyducks

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2020
Accidentally ended up with a boy and two girl Abacot Rangers in the middle of the summer, all completely bonkers and a joy to have around. Who can't laugh when you hear that manic seven-quack call or when they bob their heads in greeting?

We hatched an egg for a neighbour who was away for a month, but one of my dogs got the poor little fella when he was a week old, in the meantime we'd got three others to at least keep him company, and by the time the neighbour had come home they were a fixture, so we went back and got another pair from the same batch for next door.

Strangely they don't seem to communicate over the garden wall at all, though it was interesting having them round for an hour with an extra boy and girl here recently.

My big thing is their food. They get so spoiled, they adore porridge, sprouted mung beans and frozen peas, and get cooked veg almost every day, with all sorts of other sprouted beans and peas in there for variety, and they look as healthy as can be, at least to us anyway. They see me with a blue plastic bowl and get all excited to see what's coming...next up is a nice new house, the chicken coop we were given is okay but they deserve the best!

Accidentally ended up with a boy and two girl Abacot Rangers in the middle of the summer, all completely bonkers and a joy to have around. Who can't laugh when you hear that manic seven-quack call or when they bob their heads in greeting?

We hatched an egg for a neighbour who was away for a month, but one of my dogs got the poor little fella when he was a week old, in the meantime we'd got three others to at least keep him company, and by the time the neighbour had come home they were a fixture, so we went back and got another pair from the same batch for next door.

Strangely they don't seem to communicate over the garden wall at all, though it was interesting having them round for an hour with an extra boy and girl here recently.

My big thing is their food. They get so spoiled, they adore porridge, sprouted mung beans and frozen peas, and get cooked veg almost every day, with all sorts of other sprouted beans and peas in there for variety, and they look as healthy as can be, at least to us anyway. They see me with a blue plastic bowl and get all excited to see what's coming...next up is a nice new house, the chicken coop we were given is okay but they deserve the best!
welcome2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom