Therbs

Hatching
Mar 8, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I just purchased my very first 4 pullets a few days ago. They will be the Golden Girls. My mom watched a lot of sitcoms when I was growing up so I learned a love of watching Blanche, Dorothy, Rose and Sophia interact and my little harem so far is showing some of these iconic women's traits.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 4

(3) What breeds do you have? Redstar and Cream legged.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I am looking forward to the farm fresh eggs and having chickens to watch play.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I also breed rats as pets and have discovered how cute and fun Guinea pigs are.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My name is Theresa. My pet's are my children. My husband and I just recently purchased our first home and we have a half acre hence I am now trying my hand at chickens. I have two dog's (Boston Terrier and Welsh Corgi) both rescued from our local humane societies, two cat's, a parrot (Black Headed Caiuqe) full of personality, and about 20 rat's both male and female as I breed them for pets for our local pet store. We live in Rural Colorado so in city limits we are allowed four hens. I also work as a Certified Medical Assistant for our local hospital in the Orthopaedic department.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I found BYC when I was doing some research on my chosen chicken breeeds.

Welcome to BYC Theresa! This awesome community of poultry keepers and experts will be excited to jump in and answer any questions you may have. Thanks for joining. 😊
62F3BA13-0FF1-4142-8E02-8084DD9D9427.png

Back
Top Bottom