May 23, 2022
Murfreesboro, TN
Hello, I'm 100% new to having chicks or chickens. I have never been around either in my life. My husband wanted to get some chickens for fresh eggs and to eat the bugs in our yard (we live countryish). He works a lot so I'm the one taking care of these chicks. We have 8 (6 Cinnamon Queens and 2 Australorp) hopefully all females. I have been doing a lot of research trying to make sure these girls are healthy and happy (and that I'm doing the right things). I'm using a brooder heat plate as my heat source, I don't think we have medicated feed but I have been used a vitamin additive that I saw a video on in the water to help them grow stronger.
I added a picture of my girls.

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20220520_164444587.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220520_164444587.PORTRAIT.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 2
Hello, I'm 100% new to having chicks or chickens. I have never been around either in my life. My husband wanted to get some chickens for fresh eggs and to eat the bugs in our yard (we live countryish). He works a lot so I'm the one taking care of these chicks. We have 8 (6 Cinnamon Queens and 2 Australorp) hopefully all females. I have been doing a lot of research trying to make sure these girls are healthy and happy (and that I'm doing the right things). I'm using a brooder heat plate as my heat source, I don't think we have medicated feed but I have been used a vitamin additive that I saw a video on in the water to help them grow stronger.
I added a picture of my girls.

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to BYC! What brand are you feeding?
And what sort of vitamins are you using? They shouldn't be a regular thing. Only every now and then.
Is your coop built?

Welcome to BYC! What brand are you feeding?
And what sort of vitamins are you using? They shouldn't be a regular thing. Only every now and then.
Is your coop built?
I'd have to go look at the bag but I'm pretty sure it's Purina Starter Feed and I'll check the vitamin bottle in the morning and get back to you.
I was just reading they shouldn't have them all the time.

WELCOME!
Welcome to the community!
Best of luck with your chicks!
BYC is a great place; full of information, helpful members, and fun!
If you ever need any help navigating around here or you just wanna chat, drop me a PM or a message on my profile! And if you need any advice, come find me here
:welcome
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom