New Member!

LittleAppleFarm

Chirping
May 27, 2022
Manhattan, Kansas
Hello everyone! This is my first time raising backyard chickens. I only have four birds right now. They are 7-8 weeks old. 3 buff Orpington, 1 porcelain dulce, and 1 that I am completely unsure of!!! I posted in the gender and breed forum about this one. I think he might be a roo, but I'm crossing my fingers he's not. Anywho, I've been overall really excited about my journey with these guys (apart from them pooping all over my sun room before they moved into their coop) My family has had a blast getting into the routine of their care, even my two year old. We call them our baby birds, so he calls them "B's" Every morning when we first see them he yells out "Hi B's". I can't wait untill they are egg laying age, but they are pretty stinkin cute right now!

Looking forward to meeting some fellow chicken enthusiasts here! I can already see how addicting these chickadees can be:)

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
The bird on top of that tiny pre-fab coop is a cockerel.
That coop is going to be a problem in the heat of summer. It needs more ventilation that you can give it because of the design. Your best bet with it is to convert the whole thing into your coop and then build a large, preferably covered, run for the birds to use. You can start a new thread in the Coop & Run Forum with pictures of the entire setup for suggestions on how to modify it so it will more comfortably house your flock and make life much easier for you.

Back
Top Bottom