New Member!

Thank you for your reply! I posted in the gender and breed forum too and the consensus is that he is definitely a rooster! The coop is bigger than it appears- it fits up to 6 larger birds and it currently hold 4 (1 is a bantam). There is ventilation built into the front and back. We've also built them a very large enclosure that is fully fenced in. We open the coop doors during they day so they have full accesse to the enclosure. I will post a pic in the forum you mentioned to get feedback.
Just because the literature claims it houses 6 LF birds doesn't make it true. It would be a nightmare.
It may have a teeny tiny bit of ventilation, but it's not enough for healthy, comfortable birds. Bantams should have 1/2 sq ft f of permanent ventilation per bird and LFs 1 sq ft. So that coop should have close to 3.5 ft of permanent ventilation. It doesn't.
I hope you get good feed back on your other thread.

Just because the literature claims it houses 6 LF birds doesn't make it true. It would be a nightmare.
It may have a teeny tiny bit of ventilation, but it's not enough for healthy, comfortable birds. Bantams should have 1/2 sq ft f of permanent ventilation per bird and LFs 1 sq ft. So that coop should have close to 3.5 ft of permanent ventilation. It doesn't.
I hope you get good feed back on your other thread.
I can cut more slats for ventilation easily enough. Thanks for your reply!

1653686261224.png

Back
Top Bottom