preppingmom

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2022
Hello everyone!

We are relatively new chicken owners, getting 6 hens and a rooster last October. We have acreage and have meant to get chickens for some time, but because of the craziness of the past few years and seeing the possibility of food shortages, we dove in. Our flock is a mix of many different breeds. We free range them but do use a fenced in area on occasion. We have one broody hen that is less than a week from possibly hatching some chicks. She is sitting on 5 eggs. I will be posting questions about that soon, but it looks like our flock could be growing!

I like chickens more than I thought I would, but could do without the poop everywhere. I am still a city girl, so the poop and the flies are my least favorite part! I enjoy how cute they are when they come running to me looking for food. It is pretty sweet, even if it is just a primal response!

I look forward to learning a lot that will help me raise and keep healthy chickens!

Hi! Welcome to BYC! 🐓 omgoodness I can relate with the poop! City girl here :frow I initially had 5 chickens when I decided to get 2 ducklings............💩💩💩💩💩 and those ducklings pooped more than 5 chickens. It's a lot of fun and much better when you have extra space to have them. I'm excited for you to have chicks! Don't forget to take pictures :D

Back
Top Bottom