New Member!

jellypicks8

Hatching
Aug 16, 2022
Hey all,
my name is Helen, and I'm new to this forum, but not exactly new to chickens. I don't currently have any chickens, but have had them several times in the past. I am now planing my new chicken coop. I am hoping to get it built this next spring, and get myself some chickens. I don't know yet what breeds I want, but have been thinking a lot about the rarer breeds.

Glad to meet you, Helen. Good long range planning!

You may already have your plans for a coop set, but might enjoy browsing our massive coop collection from members. Some include detailed instructions and notes about what worked and didn't. Most have been reviewed by other members as well, so that can be helpful. But what works in chilly, moist (usually, groan) New England, won't work at all in dry, hot Arizona, so keep location and climate in mind. That link also takes you to articles by members.

You can look for discussions about rare breeds among members who own (or owned) them by using the SEARCH button. Sometimes, there will be a whole forum about a breed, but not usually for a rare breed.

I look forward to hearing about your coop build and what breed or breeds you select. This is an amazingly supportive and informative online community. You will enjoy visiting it while you plan, and find it useful afterwards, too.

Back
Top Bottom