New Member!

Scrubs32782

Chirping
Jan 10, 2023
Hello, I'm a new member from Walland, TN(Next to the Smoky Mountains). I'm looking forward to the conversations and fun in this forum!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've had chickens for a year now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 11 chickens

(3) What breeds do you have?
Five Golden Comets, three Polish chickens, two Wynadottes, and a Mystic Onyx. I also have a duck--we recently lost her companion so looking for more :(

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love watching them playing around in our yard and how friendly they are. They are the sweetest little critters.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hiking, fishing, gardening.. Spending time with my daughter!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We live in the mountains of TN! We have 11 chickens, 2 dogs, and a duck. We love living in the mountains. It's so peaceful and relaxing. We have lived here for over three years now. I've always loved nature and being connected. My wife, daughter, and soon to be baby boy love living here. My wife and I both work remotely. It was always our dream of being outside of the city limits.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Through google and searching out questions. I've always come back to this website for additional information.!

Last edited:
Hello, I'm a new member from Walland, TN(Next to the Smoky Mountains). I'm looking forward to the conversations and fun in this forum!

Five Golden Comets, three Polish chickens, two Wynadottes, and a Mystic Onyx.
Now I'm humming The Twelve Days of Christmas... :D

Nice to meet you.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've had chickens for a year now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 11 chickens

Five Golden Comets, three Polish chickens, two Wynadottes, and a Mystic Onyx. I also have a duck--we recently lost her companion so looking for more :(

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love watching them playing around in our lard and how friendly they are. They are the sweetest little critters.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hiking, fishing, gardening.. Spending time with my daughter!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We live in the mountains of TN! We have 11 chickens, 2 dogs, and a duck. We love living in the mountains. It's so peaceful and relaxing. We have lived here for over three years now. I've always loved nature and being connected. My wife, daughter, and soon to be baby boy love living here. My wife and I both work remotely. It was always our dream of being outside of the city limits.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Through google and searching out questions. I've always come back to this website for additional information.!
Welcome to BYC!! I hope you find a companion for your duck. :)

Back
Top Bottom