New Member!

balkflock

Chirping
Feb 2, 2023
East Texas
Hey all, my name is Leah and I live here in northeast Texas! I’ve had my first flock of chickens for about two years now. I have eight Barred Rocks, and a duck. I love having fresh, healthy eggs every morning. One thing that has helped our flock stay happy and healthy all year long is fermenting their feed. It helps the nutrients in the feed become more available, and grows beneficial bacteria. Before we started fermenting the feed, they scratched a lot of it out of the feeder, just to be fed to the rats. Now, they don’t waste any of the fermented feed, in fact, they love it! This year, we’re planning on moving to some acreage so we can raise some livestock. I wanted to join this community because it seems very friendly and informational. I found this website while searching up if the red cabbage I fed my hens was causing their manure to look blue - very relieved to know that it wasn’t some weird disease. In my opinion, chickens are the best starter animal for a farm! :jumpy:)

Welcome to the BYC! So glad you joined! I'm fairly new to chickens as well and definitely enjoy the daily fresh eggs... not to mention the companionship too!! Welcome and we look forward to hearing more about you and your chooks!

Back
Top Bottom