New member:

Goldie58

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2023
Hello, I am new to this forum and plan on moving to Fredericksburg Tx, after we sell this home in Colorado.
we plan on raising four or five hens.. will have to build or buy us a coop for them to be happy in.. we plan on fencing the entire coop that has its own run, because we have two dogs that go outside sometimes with one of us to watch them.. we want to put up a net over the 8’ X 8’ fence, to keep the big birds from stealing our girls.. these are all dreams for now.. till then i am doing my do diligence and researching what I can on which hens will we get.. base on what I wan: Friendly, heat tolerant, cold tolerant, large, Very good egg layers,
i came up with: Welsummer, Barred Plymouth Rock, Cream Legbar, White Plymouth Rock..
I know there are excellent egg layers out there, but I would have to give up other qualities I like.
for now it’s all a fantasy… but something to look forward to, for now..

Hello, I am new to this forum and plan on moving to Fredericksburg Tx, after we sell this home in Colorado.
we plan on raising four or five hens.. will have to build or buy us a coop for them to be happy in.. we plan on fencing the entire coop that has its own run, because we have two dogs that go outside sometimes with one of us to watch them.. we want to put up a net over the 8’ X 8’ fence, to keep the big birds from stealing our girls.. these are all dreams for now.. till then i am doing my do diligence and researching what I can on which hens will we get.. base on what I wan: Friendly, heat tolerant, cold tolerant, large, Very good egg layers,
i came up with: Welsummer, Barred Plymouth Rock, Cream Legbar, White Plymouth Rock..
I know there are excellent egg layers out there, but I would have to give up other qualities I like.
for now it’s all a fantasy… but something to look forward to, for now..
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom