If your egg does hatch @Ash15171717 you might like to get the chick some friends of the same age as they don't do well on their own. Are you all set up with an incubator?
There are some good articles here in this link on hatching and raising chicks = Hatching Eggs & Raising Chickens
Yes I'm planning on getting more and an actual incubator. I actually googled how to build one but since then all the things I've learned I'm feeling like a homemade one wasn't such a good idea, since temp and humidity play such a big role. My dog brought the chicken egg home in her mouth and since I have moved to the country recently I've been wanting to hatch some chicken eggs. I obviously fixed me fence bc I would have been pretty upset had it been my chicken coup. I'm almost positive that it won't end up with this one hatching bc it doesn't look like any of the other pictures I've seen but I'm just not sure bc I'm so new at this!!! I put some foil a light and water in a box and laid the chicken egg in there has anyone done this and it actually work?

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Have you candled the egg yet?
Yes I have that's what I'm confused about, on top of the fact it doesn't look like any of the pictures I've seen I'm using a homemade incubator. I said down below since learning more about home much it depends on consistent heat and humidity being at a certain range I'm sure this wasn't the best way to try. I'm just trying to make sure it's a bad egg. I'm planning on buying one and getting more chicken eggs.

Odds are extremely low that it will hatch for all the reasons you have said, plus more reasons too. Since you said it is 7 days along, if you will post a candling picture we can help you know for sure. Good that you fixed your fence, because country dogs are sometimes shot by irate owners that catch dogs stealing eggs or harming poultry/other livestock. Glad that you are planning to get chicks and a proper incubator. Have fun with your future chicks!

Back
Top Bottom