:welcome

Hi, glad BYC has been helpful to you! Tell us about your flock.
I'm a life long fan of Buff Orpintrons. Mixed flock right now of buffs, australorp, saphire gems, amberlinks, jersey giants, brown leghorns and black sexlinks. Total of 27 chickens. Bob, mt buff rooster is in a vrate in my garage right now. He has a broken foot, it seems. slightly swollen & limping for about a week. He's a great roo and my grandkids can collect eggs and feed the birds with no worries about him.
I think I need to redo the roost as I suspect he injured himself coming off the roost.
I'm 62 and have had chickens over 30 of those years.

I have a mixed flock of 27 chickens. Bob, my buff orpington roo + his wimmins. Buffs, brown leghorn, austarlorp, jersey giants, saphire gems, amberlinks, black sexlinks. I keep it under 30 birds. They have a decent size coop, but we get snow and very cold weather at times. The chickens need enough space inside the coop when the snow is deep. I wish I could free range more but we've got serious predation from fox and hawks. Their run is huge and full of bushes and a few apple trees so they have cover.
I'm 62 and have had chickens over half of my life.

I'm a life long fan of Buff Orpintrons. Mixed flock right now of buffs, australorp, saphire gems, amberlinks, jersey giants, brown leghorns and black sexlinks. Total of 27 chickens. Bob, mt buff rooster is in a vrate in my garage right now. He has a broken foot, it seems. slightly swollen & limping for about a week. He's a great roo and my grandkids can collect eggs and feed the birds with no worries about him.
I think I need to redo the roost as I suspect he injured himself coming off the roost.
I'm 62 and have had chickens over 30 of those years.

Sounds like a nice mixed flock! Best wishes to Bob with his foot.

Back
Top Bottom