blizzardfris

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
Hello to all! My husband and I are planning on having chickens starting in the spring. We are both very new to the chicken raising thing. Our plan is just egg laying chickens. I'm very excited and will be spending some time gathering information so we are ready for the challenge and fun! I live in South Central PA, am a teacher of 7th and 8th graders and live on 21 acres of land that has never been farmed. I have only been married for 2 yrs. I have a tremendous love for animals and plan on getting enough eggs for us, neighbors, friends and selling them to our local health food store. I am excited!!

frow.gif
Hi
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! (But, I grew up in Central PA.) You have come to the perfect place for information and meeting people who know and love chickens (and just about any other animal)!

Quote:
WelcometoBYC_by5LadyHens.gif

Hello blizzardfris! We got our first egg laying hens a few months ago and love everything about it.
Since joining BYC forum last week my nagging questions have been answered and more so. The
members are so friendly and smart! I wish I had joined before getting our chickens, like you're doing.
Smart move! Lisa

Back
Top Bottom