DcSmile06

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 24, 2012
Texas
Hello,
Im new to the group. I use to have chickens about 10 years ago and we gave it up because had a new born and he took all our time. I missed having fresh eggs in my own back yard. SO, we are starting again. Im pretty much learning all over again. We are in the process of building our coop now, I am still trying to figure out what breed I want. Im looking into (forgive the misspell or maybe not even right name) Buff orpington or Barred Plymouth Rock breeds. I live in Texas and have read they handle our heat and winters both well. And still produce a good number of eggs. I have 4 kids and they are all excited to have "homemade chickens" as my youngest says. I will be on here a LOT getting more information and just looking around. Glad I found this place.

Cristy

Welcome to BYC!!! I am pretty new here too and am thrilled with all of the information that is available here. I have a Barred Plymouth Rock who is the sweetest, most talkative girl who gives me a beautiful large brown egg every day. I have 2 Buff Orpington chicks, who are very friendly as well and they are supposed to be pretty good layers. Glad to hear you're getting back into chickens!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

Thanks for the Welcome!!! I am SO glad I found this site. I now realize the last set of chickens I had, I was doing it all wrong. I have learned so much in the last couple of days on here. I feel that this go around, My clan will have a better and much healthier start to life. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to whomever started this site!!!!

Back
Top Bottom