Hen Security

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 6, 2014
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am new to chickens, I got my chickens nearly six weeks ago as chicks a few days old at a local feed store.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 5 chickens now.

(3) What breeds do you have? I have two barred rock and three Rhode Island reds

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I kept google-ing questions about chickens and it kept sending me to BYC for answers.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I like to read, throw knives, shoot guns, play games(strategy games), workout, and garden. All with varying levels of succes.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a wife of 4 years and a daughter who just turned 1 a month ago. No other pets except a bullfrog tadpole friends from church gave us. I work for a medium sized rural school district as the head of security, as well as coaching tennis and JV football.

I'm glad to be here, I've already learned a ton just from lurking. Thank you.

welcome-byc.gif
Hen Security.....
gig.gif
Love your Avatar

I am deb AKA Perchie.girl. I am in San Diego county. No chickens right now but I have had them for more then 20 years between predator attacks... sigh. Regrouping this year.

Lots and Lots of things to learn here I have only scratched the surface.

Hey have you got your coop built yet.... if not better get going... those chicks grow FAST.

deb

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Seems like a lot of us wind up here thanks to Google. Good luck with your chicks and have fun with your new chicken adventure.

Thank you, and yes, I've got the coup and run completed. In fact they're already in it. They do grow up fast!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom