farmermac08

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
I am new to this site and new to raising chickens. I have learned so much from everyone on this site and want to thank each and everyone of you for your posts, that without I would have mad some costly mistakes. My chicks are now 8 weeks and looking great. I plan on composting their manure as well. Also I am currently studying up on alternative feeds. I really have enjoyed this project, from playing with them to building a two story chicken coop and hen house. Really looking forward to learning more from everyone. Thanks again

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have some interesting projects planned, be sure to post about your coop build!

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad we have been of help to you! Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome and sorry it has been a while since I've been on. We have had many projects going. I started with the chicks for my step daughter who wants to be a vet (fingers crossed). As the time goes by, up to 10 weeks, I have really grown to love these little guys. I have two big dogs, English lab and English mastiff (195 lbs), the chickens and dogs get along great. Came home the other day and a chicken was actually on top of the mastiff (memphis). They don't spend much time in the coop as they have made the backyard their home. Never thought we would enjoy them as much as we do but I love having a drink and watching them after a long day at work.

Back
Top Bottom