welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

The above posters have given you some great advice.

Hi everyone! Thanks for welcoming me! I have been doing a lot of research and I will definitely be using this website as a resource. I don't know where I'll be purchasing my chicks from yet- probably the Urban Farm Store in Portland. I know that I definitely want an Easter Egger/Ameraucana. I'm hoping to get two other good laying chickens, but haven't decided on which ones yet!

To find out what is going on around you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum to locate you state thread and post on it. BTW welcome to the flock

Hi everyone! Thanks for welcoming me! I have been doing a lot of research and I will definitely be using this website as a resource. I don't know where I'll be purchasing my chicks from yet- probably the Urban Farm Store in Portland. I know that I definitely want an Easter Egger/Ameraucana. I'm hoping to get two other good laying chickens, but haven't decided on which ones yet!

If sheer egg production is your main objective from the other two birds, I would recommend black sex links (black stars). They are hardy, friendly, egg laying machines. I have raised them many years (along with dozens of other breeds), & they have consistently been my best layers.

If sheer egg production is your main objective from the other two birds, I would recommend black sex links (black stars). They are hardy, friendly, egg laying machines. I have raised them many years (along with dozens of other breeds), & they have consistently been my best layers.

Red sex-links (Red star) are also great for the job. We've had red stars for years and often they don't even stop laying for the winter.

Back
Top Bottom