Elaine Wilks

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 13, 2014
Hi everyone, my name is Elaine, i am very new to chicken keeping, I only bought mine this Thursday. Today ive had 2 eggs from my 3 chickens which im very pleased about

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on your first flock and those first eggs! :ya You might like to check out the BYC Learning Center, lots of good articles on all aspects of chicken keeping you'll find helpful. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center Just in case, chickens will sometimes stop laying eggs a day or two after moving to their new homes while they settle in and get used to the new routine. They will usually start up again in a few weeks or a month or so, if they start molting (this time of year they may) it will take longer.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on the new flock! Kelsie X2 Don't be surprised if they stop laying for awhile. Sometimes the stress of moving can shut off the eggs for a while. But congrats on the ones you have already gotten!

Enjoy your new birds and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations! It's always so exciting to get those first eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of hens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom