Bspin26

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 11, 2014
Hello. My name is Bonnie. We are fairly new to having chickens. We got our first chickens in March. Then just a few weeks ago my cousin gave me three more that a friend of hers no longer wanted to deal with. We have all females. There are 2 Bramas, 3 Wyandot, 3 barred rock, and 3 black sex link. They are all finally laying eggs for us. My boys love taking care of the chickens and collecting eggs. I hope to learn a lot from this site to help me take care of my ladies!!

Welcome. So glad to have you join. I know you will find the forums helpful.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi :welcome Glad you joined the flock. Sounds like you have lovely flock of birds there. Lovely to hear your boys are enjoying caring for them, chickens make great pets and great for teaching kids about caring for animals. Be sure to ask lots of questions everyone very friendly and informative. Also pop by the learning centre it has lots of useful info https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/. Good luck to you and your boys with the chickens in the future :frow

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! All those fresh eggs are nice aren't they! Good luck with your flock!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, nothing better than farm fresh homegrown eggs!

Enjoy your wonderful flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC, Bonnie. Glad you decided to join our flock. Black Sex Links are my favorite chickens; hardy, friendly, egg laying machines. I have raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they have consistently been my best layers, frequently churning out over 300 eggs per bird per year. You are going to get loads of large, brown eggs from those ladies. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom