New member!

Hi! I am new here at BYC!

Some things to know about me:

I have 9 chickens and 6 ducks, I love weather, storms, animals, drawing, animals, chickens, and more animals.

And..... I am crazy. According to my sister.

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
goodpost.gif
woot.gif
D.gif

So, if you have any interest in any of those things.... I would love to hear from you and become you friend on BYC! (If you qualify, of course! :p JK)

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I love animals, and have an interest in weather (mostly severe weather like hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.), too.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

I have a speckled Sussex, two black Cochins, one white Cochin, one blue Cochin, two Americanas, a new Hampshire red, and a Rhode Island red. I also have two mallard ducks and four Pekin ducks!

Thank you everyone for your kind replies!!

I've had all of your breeds at one time or another over the past 50 years and you have some good breeds. Our Speckled Sussex and Cochins were very friendly, calm, and gentle birds, and my children made lap pets our of them. Good luck with your flock.

One of my Black Cochins (I named her Mossy) is much nicer than any other of my chickens! She actually lets me pet her feathers, where the other chickens will only come up to me if they are hungry or thirsty, or if I have meal worms
hmm.png
. I try holding them and reaching out, letting them come to me, and then trying to pet them. They wont learn.
he.gif
. If you have any suggestions, I have my arms wide open!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom