1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New member!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PoultryBird12, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Hi! I am new here at BYC!

Some things to know about me:

I have 9 chickens and 6 ducks, I love weather, storms, animals, drawing, animals, chickens, and more animals.

And..... I am crazy. According to my sister.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So, if you have any interest in any of those things.... I would love to hear from you and become you friend on BYC! (If you qualify, of course! :p JK)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] I love tornadoes.....from a distance.

3. Hehehe! Hello! Same here. I don't like being REALLY close to tornadoes! Just watching them from a safe distance!

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!!

Lots of our younger members hang out in the Jokes and Games section of BYC. I sure you will find all kinds of friends there...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/24/games-jokes-and-fun

Great to have you aboard and enjoy this site!!

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

I love animals, and have an interest in weather (mostly severe weather like hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.), too. [​IMG]

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

7. I have a speckled Sussex, two black Cochins, one white Cochin, one blue Cochin, two Americanas, a new Hampshire red, and a Rhode Island red. I also have two mallard ducks and four Pekin ducks!

Thank you everyone for your kind replies!!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the flock. My sister thinks I'm crazy too, typical family accessment

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I've had all of your breeds at one time or another over the past 50 years and you have some good breeds. Our Speckled Sussex and Cochins were very friendly, calm, and gentle birds, and my children made lap pets our of them. Good luck with your flock.

10. One of my Black Cochins (I named her Mossy) is much nicer than any other of my chickens! She actually lets me pet her feathers, where the other chickens will only come up to me if they are hungry or thirsty, or if I have meal worms [​IMG]. I try holding them and reaching out, letting them come to me, and then trying to pet them. They wont learn. [​IMG]. If you have any suggestions, I have my arms wide open! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by