Lucy Lou

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2015
Hello,
I live at a beautiful seaside town in Queensland and we have 2 Austroplorp hens. They are now 18 months old, have gone off the lay and moulting like crazy. They live in a large pen by day and free range each afternoon for 2 hours. They have been great layers and are funny with their antics

G'day and welcome to Backyard Chickens. Looks like your girls get some house time as well. Byc has a large Aussie community and a thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island." Glad you joined the flock
celebrate.gif

Hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do.

G'day, and welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Australorps.

Thank you all for your welcoming messages. My husband was on the phone to our Son and I was cooking dinner and we left the door open, so what do you think the Hens did? They had a good look at where we lived while indoors. They are great girls and we love them. Lovely to have chicken lovers from all over the world. I have already learned so much from this site and so thank you to all of you. We have inspired our neighbours to get hens and the children are loving them. The Dad came to look at our hen house that my handy husband built and has dubbed it The Taj Mahal. Thank you Michael, I surely will be looking for some guidance on the Australorps. I am still getting used to this site, so please excuse me if I don't get it right sometimes

Hi Lucy Lou and welcome to BYC! Nice to have you join us. If you need help getting around the site or have any questions, just ask.

Back
Top Bottom