KaileyBrown

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2015
Orlando, FL
Hello Everyone! I am from the East Orlando area and just got my first chickens yesterday! I purchased a blue cochin, two RIR, and an Easter Egger which my research indicates some kind of Americauna cross? She (I hope) is brown with a beard and unfeathered legs. I am so excited. They are all 5-7 days, just tiny little things. I am looking to add two more chicks, about the same age, to my flock. Perhaps a barred rock and a maran? Any suggestions? Thanks everyone and I look forward to picking your brains soon.
KB

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home! Barred Rocks, Wyandottes, and Orpingtons are also good breeds.

Welcome to BYC. Add more chicks as soon as possible - this should limit integration problems. Chicken society can be like 'mean girls' in school.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place to "pick brains"! Yes, I agree with Sourland here, mix chicks in as early as possible, before anybody is 2 to 2 1/2 weeks of age. After this the pecking order starts to form and this is when aggression can become an issue.

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

I was hoping to have 6 chickens total but the farm we are going to isn't open until Sunday! So they'll be 2 weeks when we introduce 2 more chickens. Will it be okay in a week to introduce new 1-2 week old chicks to my 1.5-2 week on chicks?

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Sounds like you have a nice variety of chicks! It should be fine introducing the 1.5 week old chicks to the 2 week old chicks.

Back
Top Bottom