LillyB3

Hatching
May 18, 2015
Hi

My name is Lisa and I have just got my chickens, after much research and coop building, I have two Black Rocks which I think are amazing, two partidge wyandottes, very chirpy and two silver highline, we did also have two RIReds, but for whatever reeason they passed away within the week one day after the other. I dont know why so if anyone can advise I would be grateful.
All other girls and well and eating well, spoke to the vet and he said could have been the other birds but not a mark on either of them.

looking forward to chatting on here and exchagning help and tips.

Hi :welcome Lisa

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chickens :celebrate I'm sure you will enjoy your new chicken adventures. Sorry to hear you had a couple of losses :hugs If you could give good descriptions of their symptoms and as much detail as you can, you could post over in the emergencies injuries cures and disease section of the forum. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
I hope other members over there will be able to answers your questions.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new chickens in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif
Lisa!

We're glad you joined.

Sorry to hear about your losses, I hope all your other birds are healthy and thriving.

Enjoy your flock!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Sorry for your loss, were they eating and drinking well and pooping? Some chicks get "pasty butt" where poo has accumulated around their vent and hardened. If that isn't cleaned off they are unable to eliminate and can die quickly .

Back
Top Bottom