New Members here!

DixieHens07

Hatching
Apr 2, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Ive had chickens all my life so familiar with the normal chicken info

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have about 30 total

(3) What breeds do you have?
This year we are branching out and trying new breeds so much the ones we have right now are crested polish, bantam, silkie, RIR, CM, EE, BR, Molted Java, welsummer, and brahmas :) oh and we have a couple ducklings this year ... so far they are funny to watch but allot more messier then the chickens.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love that it's something fun for kids to enjoy watching them, feeding them and of course their favorite thing is to go get the eggs each morning.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I also crochet, garden, organizing the home and helping others as well as cooking. Im also addicted to cleaning and cooking vlogs 😅

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a large family there is 7 of us in all!
I am a office lead for a global company (Caterpillar)
We also have two dogs , one cat, and one GCC.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Ive known about it for years. I look up threads before but just now becoming a member. :)
My oldest has been wanting to hatch eggs and sell to friends and family (to start out with) so i thought this community would be great for him to look up advise on things.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Ive had chickens all my life so familiar with the normal chicken info

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have about 30 total

(3) What breeds do you have?
This year we are branching out and trying new breeds so much the ones we have right now are crested polish, bantam, silkie, RIR, CM, EE, BR, Molted Java, welsummer, and brahmas :) oh and we have a couple ducklings this year ... so far they are funny to watch but allot more messier then the chickens.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love that it's something fun for kids to enjoy watching them, feeding them and of course their favorite thing is to go get the eggs each morning.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I also crochet, garden, organizing the home and helping others as well as cooking. Im also addicted to cleaning and cooking vlogs 😅

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a large family there is 7 of us in all!
I am a office lead for a global company (Caterpillar)
We also have two dogs , one cat, and one GCC.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Ive known about it for years. I look up threads before but just now becoming a member. :)
My oldest has been wanting to hatch eggs and sell to friends and family (to start out with) so i thought this community would be great for him to look up advise on things.
farmer-connie.05.gif
wave high happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom