New Members, Ken & Tess, in Boston.

VaticanChickens

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Jamaica Plain, MA (Boston)
Hi all! Just a quick introduction here, 2 Musicians in Boston, and we're prepping our backyard for 4 or 5 R.I. Reds. This site is highly recommended everywhere I look, happy to be a part of it. I raised Chickens as a kid (we had 40) but that was a long time ago, so I'm starting anew. We've got plenty of space (a double back yard - rare in Boston) with 2 small Koi Ponds, 2 Belgian Shepherds, 4 cats, 3 teenagers, and 2 recently rehabbed and released squirrels. Our last name is 'Pope' thus the 'Vatican Chickens' name. Thanks in advance for all the help I'll be needing. Ken

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. I'd make sure to check out the "Learning Center"(https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center)-- it has lots of information for those getting started in chickens.

images

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

So glad you have returned to the chicken world!! Nothing better than a flock of chickens and fresh home grown eggs!

You have been given some great advice and all the links for some good reads. Welcome to our flock!

Hi all! Just a quick introduction here, 2 Musicians in Boston, and we're prepping our backyard for 4 or 5 R.I. Reds. This site is highly recommended everywhere I look, happy to be a part of it. I raised Chickens as a kid (we had 40) but that was a long time ago, so I'm starting anew. We've got plenty of space (a double back yard - rare in Boston) with 2 small Koi Ponds, 2 Belgian Shepherds, 4 cats, 3 teenagers, and 2 recently rehabbed and released squirrels. Our last name is 'Pope' thus the 'Vatican Chickens' name. Thanks in advance for all the help I'll be needing. Ken
Hello! Welcome to BYC!

You have a lot of animals! I'm the same so I understand. (geese, cats, dogs, snake, rats, ferrets... this list will soon include chickens!)

This place is really helpful. You can find everything you need to know from hatching eggs to raising chicks. Enjoy your (long) stay here!

Back
Top Bottom