New members show me your cockerels!

Welcome to BYC! You have a beautiful cockrel.
Who can resist showing off their roosters!
My 3 year old rooster and cockrels are all (giant) easter eggers.
Here is a favorite pic of my rooster and a couple of his offsprings from this year.
Doris
20210125_133425.jpg

Goliath (with a half sister) at 14 to 15 week
20210925_071735.jpg

Butterbean 6 weeks
20210929_072846.jpg

I hope we will see more of your shamo. I'd love to have one, but I'm more interested in keeping several males and letting them range together.

Welcome to BYC! You have a beautiful cockrel.
Who can resist showing off their roosters!
My 3 year old rooster and cockrels are all (giant) easter eggers.
Here is a favorite pic of my rooster and a couple of his offsprings from this year.
Doris
View attachment 2854031
Goliath (with a half sister) at 14 to 15 week
View attachment 2854032
Butterbean 6 weeks
View attachment 2854033
I hope we will see more of your shamo. I'd love to have one, but I'm more interested in keeping several males and letting them range together.
Thanks for the reply. They are brilliant with the hens and honestly, I don’t have any issues with them fighting between one another. I have 4 shamo cockerels wandering around and they just keep out each others way. It does help they can wander as far as the eye can see

Thanks for the reply. They are brilliant with the hens and honestly, I don’t have any issues with them fighting between one another. I have 4 shamo cockerels wandering around and they just keep out each others way. It does help they can wander as far as the eye can see
Just curious, how old are they? Do you have a plan, if they start fighting? Such as additional pens?
They are magnificent birds. I'm a sucker for big, beautiful, chickens.

Just curious, how old are they? Do you have a plan, if they start fighting? Such as additional pens?
They are magnificent birds. I'm a sucker for big, beautiful, chickens.
I’ve got some from a few weeks upto about a year roughly. I’m lucky in the respect I have a lot of woodland and open fields for them to wander in. There is most certainly a pecking order between the cockerels but as I say they are pretty chill and don’t go out their way to attack one another. Regarding sleeping arrangements I have noticed 1 stays with the majority of my hens where as the others all choose to roost together. I wouldn’t like them in a confined space for a long period though, that’s bound to cause issues. They all scurry in for feeding time and again no issues there. In conclusion; Hardy birds who were bred to fight but with a lot of space they know their boundary’s. It’s a shame people stick them in a confined pen with other fighting birds and make them fight. They would rather have the easy life IMO.

I’ve got some from a few weeks upto about a year roughly. I’m lucky in the respect I have a lot of woodland and open fields for them to wander in. There is most certainly a pecking order between the cockerels but as I say they are pretty chill and don’t go out their way to attack one another. Regarding sleeping arrangements I have noticed 1 stays with the majority of my hens where as the others all choose to roost together. I wouldn’t like them in a confined space for a long period though, that’s bound to cause issues. They all scurry in for feeding time and again no issues there. In conclusion; Hardy birds who were bred to fight but with a lot of space they know their boundary’s. It’s a shame people stick them in a confined pen with other fighting birds and make them fight. They would rather have the easy life IMO.
I like your philosophy. I agree that plenty of room to roam, is necessary for a multi-rooster flock. Again, they are absolutely beautiful birds!

Back
Top Bottom