New members

Nicola druce

In the Brooder
May 16, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We got our first rescue hens last year in April before that I Rehoused two sea bright bantams needing a new home and it’s grown from there

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now we have 47

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have ex battery hens
Pekin Bantams
Sea Bright Bantams
Polish Bantams
Pekin Ducks
Road Island Red Rooster

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We love their personality and as I was looking at building our small holding we wanted to give some chickens a good loving home

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to ride along with my daughter and I love reading

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Myself my partner and our daughter we have a fairly new small holding that we are growing our own food and we have our 5 thoroughbred horses that we ride we have a Dobermann female called willow and all the ducks and chickens we are also looking at sheep this year too

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I’ve read so many comments and when I’ve had problems you guys always seem to know the best way to deal with things it’s been a huge learning experience and I’m learning new things every day
I found your page when one of my chickens got sick
So I thought I would join as maybe I can offer advice in the community too one day and gain more experience along the way x

Here's a quick link to where to post your new thread with your intro info: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/new-member-introductions.44/create-thread

You sound like my kind of people! I love where you say "it's grown from there." That's how I feel -- not like I INTENTIONALLY just kept adding more birds, more coops and more expense. More like, it just organically happened!

Keep up the good work and welcome to BYC, where you already know there are a lot of really experienced, generous folks who are happy to share what they know, offer congratulations when things go well and support when you need it.

Back
Top Bottom