New "mom" to 4 chicks!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I will try to post some pics of my babies on that thread that was suggested! :)

I'll proudly say my welcomes as well...you came to a good place! I think one formal item is missing from your introduction and that is pics of your birds! Glad to hear your husband came to his wits and let you start this journey, I think you will find your dog losing space (freedom) and your chickens gaining space if you have the same experience we have had. Our dogs get the advantage of getting to stay in at night, leftovers from pasta meals, steak trimmings, etc. so I don't get much complaining out of them about it. We are new owners as well and have a flock of six that we started in the Spring...one Barred Rock, one Ameraucana, one RIR, one Silver-Laced Wyandotte, a Light Brahma, and a Partridge Cochin. I just finished building their coop after three weekends of some serious work and only have some touches here and there to do. Ours have been living in their new condo for a little over a week now. You'll find a ton of information on here and some pretty cool chicken people too.
jumpy.gif

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes! I am a little late in getting back to y'all as I've been busy!
http://theabbottfamilyhome.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/as-the-egg-turns-chicken-update/

The above is a link to a page on my blog that has some chicken info and the most recent pictures. I am kicking myself for not taking more pictures yesterday since we lost our sweet Rosie last night. It seems like they change a little every day I go out there!

Back
Top Bottom