New momma

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Feb 2019 was my first batch of chicks.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 18 year old chickens and 15 new chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have Barred Rock, Silver Lace Polish, and Silver Lace Wynadotte. I just got 5 each Black Australops, Sagittas, and more Barred Rock.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Besides the added benefits of reduced bug population I absolutely love hearing them talking all around my place. Eggs supplement my budget and are so much better than anything I have eaten. I have always wanted to have a farm.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Canning, gardening, raising calves, baking, drawing, sewing, I use to sing but health took that away. Found a wonderful replacement.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community. Found you in a Google search for answers.
Hi! Welcome! I, too, am relatively new to this whole adventure. We hatched our first eggs March 2019 and have hatched 2 more groups of chicks. You jumped in a little deeper than us though as we have 9 hens and 1 rooster. Plus - our newest 3 babies that one of our hens hatched 4 weeks ago. You will LOVE this group. They are very nurturing, respectful and full of amazing advice.

Back
Top Bottom