1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Name for BYC Forum

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BearSwampChick, Jan 20, 2008.

1. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Has anyone ever considered changing the name of this forum to "Crack"yard Chickens Forum? [​IMG] I swear, since I joined this thing, I can't get a darned thing done. I'm telling everyone, including DH, that I'm doing "research" on what chicks to get, etc. I don't think he's really fooled though. He just left in the wee hours this morning for a business trip to China and I know I won't get anything done while he's gone. Probably won't even cook myself anything to eat. Just live on leftovers and what I can find in the pantry. Is there any hope for us newbies?

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Nope [​IMG]

3. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Maybe you can get your hubby to send you some carryout from China.

No hope for the likes of us!
    Just keep saying ny name is __________
    I am a chicken addict.

4. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    In China they just call it food! [​IMG]

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:You're asking the enablers for hope? [​IMG] You're going to have to go someplace else for that!!!

::chanting:: One of us...one of us...one of us...

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Maybe I'll open a BYC support group online. We can video conference and each of us will have sponsors and repeat our daily affirmations.

"I am not addicted to BYC"
    "My housework will not take care of itself"
    "I don't need to read more than 500 BYC posts per day"

okay, who am I kidding... there is no cure!

[​IMG]

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

BTW BearSwampChick, you've only got 30 posts... you can't officially claim addiction until you've got at least 250 posts!

8. line-rat

line-rat Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2007
    west central ohio
    Wow do i know how you feel! This site is addictive....[​IMG]

9. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Well, if she is anything like the rest of us, it will only take an hour or two at most. Just hang out on the "there's a dog in my chicken shed" and you'll earn your addiction status in no time!!

Hi my name is Suz and I am a chicken-a-holic. I've been clean since... um..... well... you see it's like this. There's no hope [​IMG]

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    OH NO!! I just noticed today that I've crossed 1000 posts. DH looks at me and doesn't say a thing. I said, I guess I spend to much time on the forum. He said "YA THINK"! [​IMG] Oh, and I haven't stopped either

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by