1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New nest box. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by aberfitch, Feb 15, 2009.

1. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    I saw this nest box and I really like the Idea but it cost 45.95 Is that too much? (I am tempted)[​IMG]

This single hole poultry nest assembles in less than one minute!! Very easy to put together. Made out of strong thermoplastic resin that can be easily cleaned. Designed so it can be used on the floor or mounted on a shelf. Great product for poultry hobbyist who only have a couple of chickens. It comes in halves, if you are going to mount this nest it would be best to mount the nest before putting the lid on.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] It looks like a round dog crate, without the door !

3. Kung Foo Chicken

Kung Foo Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Interesting. I thought it was a modified car muffler at first.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Looks like a modified propane tank, maybe that is what the propane co. is doing with all the old tanks? [​IMG]

5. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    It is kind of cute -- But there are LOTS of cute/easy options that cost WAAAY less!!! [​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Too much money.

7. Buzzy

Buzzy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2008
    How will you feel when you pay 45+ and your girls refuse to use it?

Looks like an old milk can on its side, maybe you can find something similar for less?

8. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

I use a cardboard box. I've four hens and they all take their turn laying eggs. No one has turned it over getting in or out. The girls scratch around in the hay inside to make a nice nest, and never soil inside the box.
    Best part is, it cost me nothing. [​IMG]

Carla

9. chickenlips1954

chickenlips1954 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Way too much $. Make your own out of a milk crate or wood box. I've even used the smallest dog crate with the door removed.

10. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I saw one of those on a website and just loved it. But I couldnt bring myself to pay that much money for it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by