New nest box. What do you think?

aberfitch

Songster
14 Years
Mar 24, 2008
Texas Fort Worth
I saw this nest box and I really like the Idea but it cost 45.95 Is that too much? (I am tempted)
hmm.png

This single hole poultry nest assembles in less than one minute!! Very easy to put together. Made out of strong thermoplastic resin that can be easily cleaned. Designed so it can be used on the floor or mounted on a shelf. Great product for poultry hobbyist who only have a couple of chickens. It comes in halves, if you are going to mount this nest it would be best to mount the nest before putting the lid on.

FHP1N300.jpg

Last edited:
How will you feel when you pay 45+ and your girls refuse to use it?

Looks like an old milk can on its side, maybe you can find something similar for less?

I use a cardboard box. I've four hens and they all take their turn laying eggs. No one has turned it over getting in or out. The girls scratch around in the hay inside to make a nice nest, and never soil inside the box.
Best part is, it cost me nothing.
smile.png

Carla

Way too much $. Make your own out of a milk crate or wood box. I've even used the smallest dog crate with the door removed.

I saw one of those on a website and just loved it. But I couldnt bring myself to pay that much money for it.

Back
Top Bottom