New New New

Hboehning

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had chickens for about 2 years, but I have been adding some a long the way. I have realized what breeds I really want, and have spent time looking and shopping for them.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Too many! 😂 I have almost 30 chickens.... 50 if you included the meat birds we raise.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Black Austorlorpe, Rhode Island Red, Silver Laced, Barred Rock, Lavender Oprington, Easter Egger, Calico Princess, Welbar, Silver Laced Polish...I think I even ended up with a speckeled Sussex. We have to build a bigger coop because of chicken math.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I just love my chickens! They are just so simple and sweet.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am a teacher so my other hobby is summer and swimming.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 5 turkeys, 2 cats, a turtle, a frog and a fish....oh and a husband.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was a part of this community on Facebook, but right now there is just too much drama on there. So I am off of Facebook for now, I joined this community because I find it to be useful and helpful when I have questions and need information.

Back
Top Bottom