New newb

Tinecailine

Hatching
Jan 14, 2016
Southcentral PA
Hi ya...after years of wanting chicken I'm going to be blessed w/ 18 of them all at once and within the next few weeks. I'm excited and apprehensive all at once. The chickens are coming w/ my new home/property; also have one horse and hope to get him a friend. Can't wait to learn and grow as my homestead comes together.

I hope the present owners will give you information on how they have cared for the chickens and horse so you have base to start from. Once you and the animals have gotten used to each other you can make gradual changes in care/feeding etc. Be sure to get info from them on what feed store they use, vets, if available etc. It will help the transition go smoother for all of you. Welcome to BYC. Hope you will post photos, along with any questions you have after the move.

Hi :welcome
Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your impending chicken adventures :celebrate I'm sure you will enjoy it very much, they are great to keep, lots of fun and very rewarding too. Have you checked out the learning centre? Lots if great articles to help you on your way. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
What breed/s are you starting with?

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC- great to have you onboard. Good luck with your feathered friends - you'll love it, I know.

Cheers

Ct

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome and good luck with your new adventure.

Feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

welcome-byc.gif

A flock of chickens and a horse! Sounds like a good start to county life to me.

Enjoy and welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom