New Newbie!

Oh wow so many responses! Thanks so much :D

And yes I am very excited; I've wanted chickens for years and I love birds :) (I have a cockatiel in the house)

The barn is the right (red) building in the picture... it's 12x18 I believe.
I have to add more ventilation to it, it has 2 large windows on 2 walls but I want some ventilation on all sides. I am planning on putting sand in the coop but also researching the deep litter method. The barn is old and needs a new roof and the right side is about 5"-10" lower than the right, so for the next few years it'll be a chicken coop until I build a separate chicken coop - but for now this will do ^_^ and then we'll probably tear the barn down. And I figured I can gain some experience and find out what I like/hate so I can design the next coop to be better. :idunno

Attachments

• 85250802_10220652516453465_290544328437137408_o.jpg
    85250802_10220652516453465_290544328437137408_o.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 5
Rhendera, so glad you joined us at Backyard Chickens.:fl What a beautiful photo! We haven't had much snow at all so far nowhere near as much as you have. Somehow our last few winters have been better than what we typically get. Maybe it IS global warming.

I wouldn't know too much, this'll be my first year here in Ontario, but from what I've heard our winter has been much milder and more snow because of that. I took that picture this morning on my way to the (horse)barn to do chores. It was actually 8 degrees C (46F) here yesterday which was the first real melting day. So this is AFTER the snow has already melted a bit :gig

I love Prince. Does he talk? It would be fun to have him call "here chick chick!"
Ha! He does a little but Cockatiels are not known for their talking abilities... they whistle really well though!! He says Prettybird, whatcha doing and makes kissy sounds. He has the adams family song down 98% and he's learning Saria's song from Zelda :p

Ha! He does a little but Cockatiels are not known for their talking abilities... they whistle really well though!! He says Prettybird, whatcha doing and makes kissy sounds. He has the adams family song down 98% and he's learning Saria's song from Zelda :p
They sure like to whistle and bop their heads like they are dancing. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom