New Ninja

Ninjapoultrymom

Chirping
Nov 3, 2018
NWFL...Floribama basically
Goooddd Morning Ninjas!

My name is Rachelle and I have been a lurker for about 2 years now. I am just going to go ahead and copy/paste the questions and answer them.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We got our first set of chickens in March of 2017. 6 black sex links. So beautiful and great layers! Unfortunately, our chocolate lab got 2 of them and then a freak accident got the rest. A day storm picked up our half-ton chicken run and threw it over our 6ft fence, killing the rest of our chickens either by knocking them out or by allowing our chocolate lab to snatch them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We now have 6 black sex links and 2 breeding Pekin ducks. Currently have a dozen eggs in the bator and 1 duckling.
(3) What breeds do you have?
See question 2
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Free eggs!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I craft. Sew, crochet, vinyl, paint, DIY, garden...
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a US Navy vet turned Navy wife. I have an adult daughter and 2 teenagers. My husband is stationed 13hrs away. I work full time for the world's largest credit union. We have 3 Labradors! 2 black beauties and one chocolate. We also have 2 snakes. I currently have 3 grapvines on our 1.3acre property and hope to grow more so I can make my own wine!
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I started researching types of chickens via google about 3yrs ago and BYC came up during my search. I have been an active lurker for about 2yrs. Decided to join because I know have questions to ask!

Back
Top Bottom