New on all fronts

SugarHouse Mama

Chirping
13 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Utah
I've been lurking for a while - checking out coop designs, reading about care, etc. Finally, I'm getting around to signing up.

I am totally new to chickens. I've been a closet hen lover for a while, but finally (in November) my city changed the chick-law. Suddenly my closet love became well known. (Along with about 6 of my neighbors!)

I picked up my first batch of chicks almost 5 weeks ago. I went to the feed store promising I was only going to buy 4. I walked out with 6. (Not too bad). I have a Buff Cochin, Rhode Island Red (one that i wasn't planning on buying), Australorp, Silver Laced Wyandotte (that I'm now being told is not a wyandotte
sad.png
) and 2 easter eggers (only meant to buy one, but I'm also being informed that one of my EEs might be a boy so I guess it's a good thing I bought 2!).

That's about it, I think. Thanks for this super-informative place! Even though I NEVER owned chickens, I was answering other customers' questions at the feed store when I got my chicks and their supplies. Really, they should have been paying me
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom