New Oregon member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rogue Rooster, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Rogue Rooster

Rogue Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2009
    Rogue River Oregon
    Hi! New guy here from Rogue River Oregon, home of the National Rooster Crow contest. Started as a chicken guy in FFA in High school.
    Put it aside until some 45 years later. just building my coop and yard now. This is a great site with lots of friendly folks and information. Thanks for letting me back into the flock

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] What kind of chickens do you have??

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG]

4. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    [​IMG]

5. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    Greetings from Arizona! I stopped by to say hi, because I grew up a few miles up river from you in Gold Hill. Glad to hear the Rooster Crow / Drunken rRedneck Gathering (it probably is a little more up-scale these days) is still going on.[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

7. Rogue Rooster

Rogue Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2009
    Rogue River Oregon
    azelgin: hasn't changed a bit still a small town get together of hippies and goat ropers, and loggers. If you grew up in Gold Hill we probably know ya or your kin. My address is Gold Hill, but can throw a rock into RR.[​IMG]

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Welcome fellow Oregonian! [​IMG]

We also have an Oregon thread under the "where am I, where are you" forum.

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Welcome from NM!

10. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    Rogue Rooster: We moved to SoOregon from California when I was a kid. Felt about as welcome as a child molester at a PTA meeting. Finally seemed like home after I finished High School (Crater) six years later. Had a construction buisiness in Medford for several years. I think my ex-partner kept my name on it to this day. Gee, I sure miss the "0" visability fog I used to drive in. What I do miss is the fishing. Oh well, I guess we traded it in for a little more sunshine. Good luck to you with the chickens.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by