New paint job

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by torrelee, Jul 12, 2011.

1. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    Found that it is much easier to get things done when DBF is out of town for the week. Got a late start but managed to get my tractor painted, add chicken wire, make a sand box, and paint part of my coop today. Went to the store intending to get pretty barn red paint, but was dismayed to discover that paint is now 55 dollars a gallon. Needless to say I picked up some paint from the oops pile (10 dollars a gallon, much better price)and my coop is not the colors that I thought it would be. However, its really close to "work boat blue" which will please DBF endlessly when he comes home. (we both work on boats)
    baby tractor
    [​IMG]
    new sand box
    [​IMG]
    side view of the coop (not finished painting, but I neeeeeded some dinner lol)
    [​IMG]
    end of the coop, I discovered that it is impossible to paint through hardware cloth with a brush, will finish the trim with spray paint i guess
    [​IMG]

2. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    Ouch..55 bucks per gallon! Reguardless your blue paint job looks very nice.

3. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    $55 a gallon [​IMG] yikes, that's nuts! You got lucky on your oops paint, it's a great color!!

4. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    I was pretty happy that I found some that went together. Its actually 20 year exterior paint, too, so it should hold up nicely! Hooray oops paint!

5. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good Lord, 55 dollars? For that price it should clean the coop for you on Sundays. It looks very nice in any case. [​IMG]

6. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

looks great! and think of it this way not only did you save a bunch but there is alot of red coops out there

7. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    Nice!! Love the blue. Love the natural branches in the run !

8. neVar

neVar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Dundurn, Sask
    Love this color!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by