New Peafowl Pen Pics - FINALLY!!!

perchie.girl :

Quote:
Great Job Kuntrygirl. That is spa like.
thumbsup.gif

Sago palms grow here too. And yes they come back from a freeze quite well. But take a look at this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycas_revoluta down in the middle it says these palms are poisonous. These are not really Sago palms they are Cycas revoluta which is a species of Sago cycad. I am going by the foliage therefore if you know different please disregard this caution.

Also with regard to the mirror. I personally have seen a peacock male Flog a Coke machine at the San Diego Zoo. Over and over and over almost knocking it back. I can only assume he was sparring with a reflection. What you might do is put the mirror on the other side of the wire hung in a frame. This way if one knocks it back it will just bounce off the wire and not break. Do a couple of Xs on the back of the mirror too with Duct tape in case a crack gets formed. or better yet set it up like a sign a couple of inches away from the wire so they cant touch it at all.

Thanks for the info. The freeze did kinda kill the plants. We'll see if they grow back. So far, I have not had any problems with them flogging the mirrors. They actually stand or sit in front of it and look at themselves. It is so funny. If I do see them fighting with the mirror, I will definitely remove it.​

Quote:
Unfortunately, we pulled them apart. It was a pain. We didn't want to cut the paqllets because we wanted to use every piece of lumber. It is aq tedious chore but worth it in the end.

It is hard to tell by the pic's but what kind of wire did you use? How is the pen holding up?

We used chicken wire all around. It is holding up like a champ. The only changes that we made to it was that we painted it Barn Yard Red. I have absolutely no problems with it. I am soooooooooooo happy we got it built before we got the Pea Zoo. The peas love it. We are ready for Pen # 2!!!

Do you know the size of you Wire as far as Height? I am having trouble locating it in 6 ft plus heights.

The height was about 4 feet tall. It wasn't that tall but the roll was about 80 feet long.......I think. I think Tractor Supply sells 6ft. You may want to do search online and see if you can find a few places that sell 6 feet tall. I will do the same and post the links for you.

Back
Top Bottom