new peeps from TSC

katssmilin

Songster
12 Years
Jul 5, 2011

We just got new peeps from TSC. They are so cute. We wanted to get all female but they only had straight run RIR's. I am hoping that at least four of these are female. We can't have roosters so if they turn out male I'll be heartbroken. Has anyone had luck getting females from TSC?

love.gif
Babies!!! I have no experience with TSC, just wanted to look at your new chickies.
wee.gif

These are my girls from TSC. They were sold as RIR pullets, and the associate that helped us said that they're about 90-95% sure. I have mixed feelings about ending up with a roo. We can have them, but I don't want to make any neighbors mad... or my husband... or my children... we all like to sleep in. Haha!

I got the exact same looking ones but mine were marked Plymouth Rock pullets. But I think they are Rhode islands

plymouth Rock pullets would be "Barred Rock" females . A Barred "Plymouth" Rock female Chick would look like a black chick with a yellow breast and a white round dot on its head.

Last edited:
These are my girls from TSC. They were sold as RIR pullets, and the associate that helped us said that they're about 90-95% sure. I have mixed feelings about ending up with a roo. We can have them, but I don't want to make any neighbors mad... or my husband... or my children... we all like to sleep in. Haha!

Yes u will be lucky to see me out of bed before 11:00

We just got new peeps from TSC. They are so cute. We wanted to get all female but they only had straight run RIR's. I am hoping that at least four of these are female. We can't have roosters so if they turn out male I'll be heartbroken. Has anyone had luck getting females from TSC?
Are those primary feathers white?

plymouth Rock pullets would be "Barred Rock" females . A Barred "Plymouth" Rock female Chick would look like a black chick with a yellow breast and a white round dot on its head.
That's if they were barred Rocks. Hatcheries also have white, buff and partridge Rocks. I do know TSC gets white Rocks in from time to time. Of course they then mix them up with Leghorns and Cornish X.

We have got all our chicks from TSC, the first 12 we bought were supposed to be pullets we had one roo in the lot. The other 18 we have had from TSC were straight run and ended up with about 5 roos, we normally give them away to people who want roosters at no charge.

Back
Top Bottom