New Pets

So sorry about your dog and cat. Enjoy your new chickens, they are so fun. BYC is a great place to learn all you need to know about your new chicks. Consider getting a new dog or cat sometime, so many adoptable pets out there needing good homes.

I have had many cats and dogs over the years (I turned 73 last month). We had Jai Qi for 11 plus years, (she was an 18 month old rescue dog when we got her) then Bella was around for 8. We had had other cats before her and probably would not have had another but Bella found us after we moved back to southern OK. We had buried our Hero (a Chihuahua and Jai Qi's friend and mentor) around Pawhuska. we had rescued his father some years before moving north, temporarily. Your sweet words are most appreciated. I feed strays (shame on me) and have give them a refuge until they move on. I am aware of the many homeless animals out there and it hurts my heart to think of them but as my grandmother once told me, "You can't save them all." At present, I cannot in good conscience, take on another dog or cat knowing I might leave them to grieve. So for now I will be content with my entertaining chicks. I expect many giggles and laughs from them and I haven't had a pet chicken since I was a kid!

luvly birds, I turned 72 in July. Doesn't feel any different from 40,50,60, etc. Thank you for joining us at Backyard Chickens. There is even a very good thread called "The Old Folks Home," where they say to "Pull up a rocker." You don't have to be old to join and some of our best & brightest folks are here. Naturally I am including myself. :lau:gig

Welcome from Southeast Missouri! Be sure to check out the social forums, where members can talk about their hobbies, arts and crafts, favorite recipes, and pets of course.
I'm sure you will have many pleasurable hours spent with your chickens. They are good therapy.

Thank you for the welcome. I do look forward to talking and learning. I think I must be coming down with MHS (Mother Hen Syndrome) as I find myself constantly thinking what, when and how I can make life better for my newly acquired chicks. They do inspire me to move more and are becoming good company.

Back
Top Bottom