New phone, had to try out the camera on my chickens

Tstraub

Crowing
Apr 6, 2023
Bluffton, Indiana
I made the upgrade my old iPhone 11 battery was getting worn out. My phone plan offered a trade in for the new iPhone 15 pro. Pictures attached

IMG_3307.jpeg
IMG_3313.jpeg
IMG_3315.jpeg
IMG_3318.jpeg
IMG_3319.jpeg
IMG_3327.jpeg
IMG_3331.jpeg
IMG_3328.jpeg
IMG_3342.jpeg
IMG_3343.jpeg
IMG_3350.jpeg
IMG_3351.jpeg
IMG_3349.jpeg
IMG_3310.jpeg
IMG_3348.jpeg

What breed is the gray one with the brown head/neck?
She is an olive egger. Black copper marans rooster over Easter egger hen. I got her as an egg from a local marans breeder. He had one Easter egger in his marans pin. I incubated 4 OE eggs but only one hatched. Luckily she is female. Only 15 weeks old so I still have another month or so before I get to see what color she lays.

Thank you! Would you mind explaining the difference between an olive egger and an Easter egger? I thought the olive egger was just a specimen of Easter Egger.

Thank you! Would you mind explaining the difference between an olive egger and an Easter egger? I thought the olive egger was just a specimen of Easter Egger.
There is no breed standard for either EE or OE so they are really whatever the breeder chooses to call them. But generally an olive egger would have one parent that lays very dark eggs. The dark layers typically used are marans or welsummers

Back
Top Bottom