New Photo Upload - Is This Clear Enough?

RaZ

Free Ranging
12 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
Howdy,
I hope I get this photo uploaded for you to see. I hope it is clear enough to identify the breed. I'm almost positive that it isn't the Langshans that TSC told me they were. I also think that 2 of the 3 are roos. Any help to ID the breed and sex would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
87657_wednesday_153.jpg

87657_wednesday_149.jpg

Another shot to look at.
BTW I know I have the 2 black australorps, I don't know what the white ones are.

87657_wednesday_145.jpg

Better shot.
I think the middle and left birds are males. (But I'm no expert)

Last edited:
I'd say two of them are Roos. As far as breed,, this is just a guess, maybe Tetra tints?
idunno.gif
I know they are something TSC is selling and I believe they are all white.

I'm pretty sure you're correct about the two cockerels. However, I am reasonably sure they're not Langshans. Langshans should have willow-colored legs, not bright yellow. A lot of Langshans will have feathered feet as well, although there are particular varieties that don't (not too up on Langshans). Also, the body doesn't look correct. The Langshans I've seen are much more U shaped, carrying their tails very high. They're probably white rocks or some type of white cross truthfully.

Thanks folks,
I was fairly certain about them being roos, especially when they start the chest bumping.

TSC had them tagged as "lamstrams" and said that they are calm, cold-tolerant and good layers. I should have waited and done more research but they would only sell 6 chicks at a time and they only had the 2 BAs which was what I wanted in the first place.

Anyone want to trade 2 unknown roos for a BA or buff orpington?
big_smile.png

There has been a lot of mixed breed and odd ball chickens that TSC is getting and selling this year from Mt. Healthy hatchery so it is very possible that they are a breed they were told was a "lamstrams".
I will let you know that TSC has also been selling a Australorp cross that they been getting from Mt. Healthy so your Australorp might be a Australorp cross.

Chris

It looks like you have two cockerels and one pullet. In my opinion, they look like White Leghorns. You have some nice-looking birds!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom