New pics Added!! Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Rooster or Hen?

FeistyPeepers

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
Hi, I have a sweet 14 week old Blue Laced Red Wyandotte whose comb & waddles are turning quite red over the last few days, making me wonder if it's a cockerel. The brat refused to stay still to take pics LOL. Hopefully these are good enough.

Sorry the pics aren't better.

Last edited:
lol looks like most of my chicken pictures. I cant see the comb, the flash covers it but its got some wattles. if you look at the base of the tail, you might have to move feathers. but if you see skinny, shinny feathers, its a roo

Unless the color in the pic is way off, it's not a blue laced, it's a gold laced (black laced gold) and from the amount of comb and wattles we can see I'm thinking cockerel. Esp at that age, wyandottes are often slower to mature but that boy's right out there!

It's a rooster. It can be a BLR-it's just the "black" phase. True gold laced birds are alot golder in coloration than the BLR, there are people that will try to sell BLR as golds.
Unless the color in the pic is way off, it's not a blue laced, it's a gold laced (black laced gold) and from the amount of comb and wattles we can see I'm thinking cockerel. Esp at that age, wyandottes are often slower to mature but that boy's right out there!

Back
Top Bottom