• Missy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ma2babygurl13

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Fairborn OH
OK here are "the best" stacked shots I could get... pups were sort of wiggling a lot Though I have been working on it with them since they were about 4 weeks. And my photographer well lets just say he needs some work lol. Sorry for the round bellies they just ate
roll.png

But here goes.... Males first then Girls....

I tried the stacking method that Redyre Rottweilers suggested... it went ok for the first round. I couldnt snap as many pics as I would have like as 1) My camera died and 2) my DSLR camera is dead and I cannot find the charger
sad.png

It would have helped if a few of them had more of a food drive, Most of them just wanted to sit but added to my other shots from earlier are now the "new" and "improved" shots... hands off
smile.png
I will try to get more later, but for now... here ya go!!!

Boomer: - loved the chicken
old
Boomer.jpg

new
boomer.jpg

Indy (for Independence): - kept trying to lay down
old
Indy.jpg

new
indy.jpg

now the girls-

Star: - I had trouble getting her to keep her feet placed even though she was very interested in the food.
old
Star.jpg

new
star.jpg

Freeda (for freedom) - not very interested in the chicken
old
Freeda.jpg

new
freeda.jpg

Libby (for Liberty) - she wanted the chicken and my hand lol
old
Libby.jpg

new
libby.jpg

Missy (for Miss America) - She was Very uncooperative all she wanted to do was sit and wasn't wanting the chicken..
old
Missy.jpg

new
missy.jpg

The pups were born on the 4th of July... hence all the patriotic themes
smile.png

Please kindly critique these pups. I do not want the mods to lock it so lets keep it clean and to the point.

Last edited:
OK, some stacking hints.

1) position the puppy so that the front feet are right at the edge of the surface so they can't walk forward.

2) use FOOD to control the puppy's head while you position the feet. Front first, and then the rear.

3) make sure the surface you are using is non skid.

4) once you stack the puppies, keep them in position using the food only, hands off. Hands on the puppy skews the appearance.

5) take a LOT LOT LOT of photos, as fast as the camera can snap them so you have a few to choose from

In these photos, the puppies are leaning on your hand. This could be what is causing the roached toplines, and your hand is in the way of seeing the front: the prosternum and shoulder layback, 2 of the most important things in a basset hound.
big_smile.png

So see if you can try again soon using these techniques.

kk6wks.jpg

2010-11-13katie.jpg

First of all those are all adorable puppies. Seeing them stacked (by the way THANK YOU Redyre, I could of used that with our beagles, I wrote it down for next time!) I have to say Star is defiantly a looker! I saw her picture and just went WOW! Of course I am not a basset breeder. Though my husband is sure we should get one, and looking at your puppies, I am starting to cave!

Congrats on the pretty puppies! Star is a looker!

Star was definitely the stand out for me. Missy is absolutely adorable and I LOVE the name (I had an Australian Shepherd for 14 years named Missie), but if you are looking for a potential show dog, Star caught my (non-expert) eye.

Back
Top Bottom