New pics of coop progress

pierce652

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Well Im almost done with the coop. Its definately taken longer than I expected but Im pretty happy with the results. Im not crazy with the 2x4's on the face of the house but they are needed to attach the hardware cloth. I will be using washers and 1" screws to attach the 1/2 inch cloth. I will also be burying it about a foot deep and connecting the lengths with J hooks.

Other than that I just have to nail in a few cross braces, hang the roost and fan. I will also be adding chili lights around the top of the runs frame. More pics to come.

http://community.webshots.com/album/563778305wBFWUe?vhost=community

Very cute and beautiful setting! Wow. Those chickies will sure have a room with a view!

Welcome here. I feel silly saying that as I am new too, but you are even more of a newbie than me.
smile.png

I love the nest boxes, but I am a little concerned about the round nest box perch. Round is hard for them and it looks like it could roll.

I understand what your saying about the perch. It is actually screwed onto the cradle. But if the wise folks here think its better I can switch it out.

Back
Top Bottom