new place to buy chicks

MyISAbrownhens

Songster
6 Years
May 23, 2017
Virginia
Hello! I’m looking for a new place to buy another batch of chicks this summer! I usually shop from tractor supply but they have a usual 10 chicken minimum on their website and sell by breeds. I’m looking to kind of make a cart of multiple breeds for a total of ten. If anyone knows of a hatchery that’s delivers and would let me pick multiple breeds like this please let me know! Thanks so much!

These are also the breeds I’m looking for but they hatchery doesn’t need to have everyone I’m flexible about what I want
  • one barred rock rooster
  • One Australorp hen
  • 2 Orpington hen
  • 2 barredrocks hen
  • 1 Sussex hen
  • 1 Easter ever hen

Mypetchicken.com has what you're looking for. There have been mostly positive reviews about them on this site, along with a few negative ones. They are one of the few places where you can do 1 a breed, with I believe only a 3 chick minimum.

Also try chickensforbackyards.com

Do you live near a hatchery that has a store front so you can walk in and buy the ones you want? If not you might be able to go to several different stores and choose from the chicks they have. I like to have a variety of breeds too, so I go to the different feed/farm stores within about 40 miles of my home and mix and match. Sometimes I find a local breeder on CL who has what I'm looking for as well.

I will say this about my experience with My Pet Chicken...I placed an order with them the year before last and almost three months before the they were to be shipped. I took off work and everything so I could collect them at the post office, and when the time came, they didn't show. MPC claimed there had been a glitch in their computer system and my order had been lost. Nothing they could do about it except refund the $200+ I had spent on sexed chicks. I won't use them again.

Mypetchicken.com has what you're looking for. There have been mostly positive reviews about them on this site, along with a few negative ones. They are one of the few places where you can do 1 a breed, with I believe only a 3 chick minimum.

Also try chickensforbackyards.com
Ok awesome thank you!

Do you live near a hatchery that has a store front so you can walk in and buy the ones you want? If not you might be able to go to several different stores and choose from the chicks they have. I like to have a variety of breeds too, so I go to the different feed/farm stores within about 40 miles of my home and mix and match. Sometimes I find a local breeder on CL who has what I'm looking for as well.

I will say this about my experience with My Pet Chicken...I placed an order with them the year before last and almost three months before the they were to be shipped. I took off work and everything so I could collect them at the post office, and when the time came, they didn't show. MPC claimed there had been a glitch in their computer system and my order had been lost. Nothing they could do about it except refund the $200+ I had spent on sexed chicks. I won't use them again.
We only have a tractor supply in the area that carries chickens and they just ran out of their chicks 😢 thanks for sharing your experience!

Back
Top Bottom