New Pullet laying soft eggs 3 nights in a row

Bahamachick

In the Brooder
May 3, 2022
Bahamas
My Coop
My Coop
Ugh,

My Pullet started laying her eggs approx. a week ago however we have only had 2 hard shell eggs since that time. The last 3 days she has laid at night soft shells.

Today she went into the coop for a considerable amount of time after watching the other chickens but no egg so i fear tonight will be another soft egg situation.

I have ordered the oyster shell and have to wait for them to arrive on island is there anything i can do in the mean time?

Are they on layer feed or grower feed? If they aren’t on layer feed it may be because they need the extra calcium. If they are on layer feed it’s probably just because shes new to laying and the “factory” is still working out all the kinks. In the mean time if you have eggs in hand you can bake the shells and crush them up and offer them on the side.

Are they on layer feed or grower feed? If they aren’t on layer feed it may be because they need the extra calcium. If they are on layer feed it’s probably just because shes new to laying and the “factory” is still working out all the kinks. In the mean time if you have eggs in hand you can bake the shells and crush them up and offer them on the side.
They are on layer feed currently. I will do exactly that with the shell thank you so much for the recommendation

1663344787980.png

Back
Top Bottom