New pullets and cloudy eggs

MowNGrow

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 9, 2010
Townsville
My new pullets are both laying since yesterday. Somehow they both are now laying in the morning despite it supposed to be taking 26hrs to make an egg?

My question is, when we crack the girls eggs there seems to be additional water asside of the white of the egg? Is this normal or are we doing somethig wrong? Their eggs have been this way since they started laying. They are on lay mash, have access to shell grit and as we use their eggs we crush thier shells and mix them in with table scraps. The girls are primarily free range and we move their pen every two days for access to fresh grass.

Anything here would be great. We didn't see this with the other hens. They laid well for us for five years before being put to pasture (dinner LOL) just couldn't tell the children that they ate their chickens LOL.

This should be normal.
Your egg should have a small amount of a watery white followed by your firmer white (much more volume here) and your almost globe shaped yolk. The store bought eggs have this too but it's not as noticable since the eggs have sat so long etc. the white and the very watery white part kind of blend together.
Or at least that's my perception. I always have a little of that watery white in my eggs if I eat them within the first week, if they sit longer than that it's not as noticable.

The fresher the egg, the more cloudy the white. Its the o2 thing. Yes the other is also normal. The white will have a small amt of lig around it instead of the whole white flattening out and running. Gloria Jean

Thanks ladies
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom