New pullets are here!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Man Dan, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Chicken Man Dan

Chicken Man Dan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2011
    Suburban Ontario
    Just picked up two new hens today to replace one I dispatched a few weeks ago. We finally got the barred rock we wanted and a columbian rock x red. Our two red sex links were NOT happy with the new comers, but at sunset we found them all roosting together happily. The only thing that bothers me about the hatchery birds we get are the beak trimming. These two new ones have had quite a lot taken off. Aside from the beaks, they look lovely. I'll post pics later to my BYC page.

Finally going to get more than two eggs a day!

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Wonderful! Pictures please? Oh, and welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]

3. Chicken Man Dan

Nov 4, 2011
    Suburban Ontario
    Between my wife getting rear ended today, the 3 hour drive to get the birds, and the call to the insurance company, pictures will be tomorrow (unless you want some "chickens-at-night" pictures) [​IMG]

Thanks for the welcome too! How is SD right now? We just had our first snow last night (first ever for our RSL).

4. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Quote:Lol! Tomorrow is fine. [​IMG]

South Dakota has about an inch of snow on the ground. The weather has been really freezing lately, but today was pretty nice.

5. Chicken Man Dan

Nov 4, 2011
    Suburban Ontario
    OK, I got some pics finally! Not the greatest though, the birds don't always cooperate. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little BR is getting picked on and we've found a few feathers, but the Columbian Rock is happily keeping the bullies in line.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by